We went to Arizona for about a week and it was a BLAST. We did a lot of outside activities for the first half of the week and then relaxed in Scottsdale for the second half of the week.
We explored the Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and Antelope Canyon for the first half of the week. We stayed in Page, AZ which was closer to Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon, but about a two-hour drive from the Grand Canyon. I wish we would have stayed in Flagstaff, AZ which had a lot more in the area, but the drive aspects would have been the same.
In Page, AZ we stayed in an AirStream which was amazing at Lake Powell. Although there wasn’t a lot going on in that town it was nice to be secluded from the world for a few days.
There are some things that I wish we would have done differently at each different location and wanted to kinda break it down.
- Get there close to when the park opens. It wasn’t as busy or crowded which was awesome. We went in September and it was perfect; the weather was great and there weren’t that many people.
- We made the entire loop and ended up on Route 66 near the cutest town. We got lunch at Goldies Route 66 Diner and it was SO good.
- I wish we would have brought some snacks in the car for the drive because we did get a little hungry and it was a couple hour drive.
- We went through Canyon X and it wasn’t a super crowded tour.
- We went with Taadidiin Tours and it was totally worth it, they were a little bit farther down the road which kinda stressed me out as we were passing a lot of other tours. This may be totally lame, but they offered to take tons of pictures and knew where the cooler spots were for photos.
- We did a lower Antelope Canyon tour which was killer on our calves as we were going back up at the end of it.
- Bring tons of water for this. It’s not a long hike, but it is a hike with some difficult incline and we finished our water super early on.
- It was only $10, I think, to get in and I would say this was one of the coolest views to see.
- Do not skip out on this view it was totally worth it and beautiful to see.