Now that I’ve stayed in a few Airbnb I am a strong believer in them. They offer so many great options that hotels don’t for such a steal! We’ve stayed in a few now and I feel like I’ve got a pretty good system when booking!
Jeremy and I actually stayed in an Airbnb for our honeymoon. It was the best decision, we were able to stay longer because it was cheaper. Most Airbnb is reasonably priced which was what initially brought us to try it out. There are tons of things to think about before booking.
- Making sure the bed is big enough!!! A lot of Airbnb’s have just a full sized bed. Jeremy and I do NOT sleep cozy enough to go from our king sized bed to a full-sized bed! We’ve skipped over some places for the sheer fact that it only offered a full-size bed!
- Having access to the kitchen is a great way to save money! You can bring some food from home and eat in instead of eating out for every meal. I love eating out but after eating out for every meal it gets old, it’s nice to be able to just cook up eggs instead of getting up and getting ready to go out and get breakfast.
- Stay in the suburbs of where you want to be. The list prices are much cheaper than it’s worth to drive an extra 15 or 20 minutes into the city. Staying at a place that is right in the heart of the area you want to be in might sound ideal, but the price is going to go way up because of it!
- Think about what you’re wanting out of your trip. If you have TONS planned then booking a really exotic or neat place isn’t a top priority which will save you money. If you’re wanting just a getaway to unwind in a new setting then finding a relaxing setting is worth the extra cash.
- If you have any pets some Airbnb’s will allow pets in their homes. Bringing your dog along can save you a lot of money instead of boarding them.